Mon, 12 Feb 2001 16:33:35 +0000
On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 04:16:55PM +0000, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> You are ducking the (semi-serious) issue. What *do* you mean by the
> archival and communication language? the fact that the word "TeX" is
> recognized by mathematicians the world over? so long as they don't try
> to exchange files....

I think virtually all mathematics today at a research level is written in LaTeX.
I never heard of any problem in the last 5 years (say) exchanging files,
except perhaps documents in Russian and Greek,
and some problems with Amer Phys Soc documents until a couple of years ago.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: [log in to unmask]