"Mittelbach, Frank" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 18:02:59 -0000
David wrote:

> That's just another way of saying the latex field should have LICR
> commands. For Latex use only it would be just as easy to define the
> mappings directly in the latex package files but having them in that XML
> would I think help translators from XML (especially MathML) to TeX to
> come up with consistent mappings, as all the MathML entities and
> character documentation is derived from there.

right, but the question is the ownership of data. I think it would be a good
idea for us (LaTeX/TeX world) to maintain a source file that gives the
mapping from unicode to LICR (having decided what the LICR's are.

The move from that file to the unicode file could then be done by some
automated process

have to  rush off, more from home