From:
Lars Hellström <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2012 18:09:12 +0100
Bruno Le Floch skrev 2012-02-02 13.32:
> I've been wondering: should it be called "regex" or "regexp"?

My preference is for "regexp", but I can see it might by now be a bit
awkward to change it.

> Like Joseph, I don't see how useful the functions you propose are. Do
> you have a precise use case?

Imprecisely, I suspect one might find such predicates useful when about to
choose between two methods of doing something: one which is quick, but only
works in the (common) simple case, and one which is general but slow.
Whether that happens frequently enough for them to be put in the kernel is
another matter.

Lars Hellström

PS: Since I'm posting anyway, I suppose I should mention this too in case
anyone is interested: After my autumn experiments with Church booleans, I
went on to implement a fully expandable package for <integer> to <balanced
text> mappings using 2-3-trees. I didn't quite finish it before getting
sidetracked by other projects (in this case, actual research), but insertion
of entries is there and works. Next would have been popping off entries;
together the two would suffice for making a prioriqueue, which I would
imagine can be useful in places.