Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 07:43:06 +0100
Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <[log in to unmask]>
From: Joseph Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Hello all,

The team will not be updating the CTAN release of LaTeX3 until after the
upcoming TeX Live freeze. We have some 'breaking' changes that we feel
need to be made, and programmers will need time to adjust their code to
match. In particular, we are keen that the same conventions are used as
far as possible across expl3, and after a careful review by Frank
Mittelbach we have found a small number of inconsistencies which we want
to address.

I will be making a series of announcements over the coming couple of
weeks concerning deprecated functions, with associated renaming where
appropriate. These will all go to CTAN at the same time, and so I will
also announce when this happens, probably some time in June.

One change which has already occurred in the SVN version of LaTeX3 is
the replacement of the 'old' FPU with a new expandable version. We are
currently finalising the details of which functions will be retained and
which will be removed. A full announcement on this will follow in due
course as part of this wider process.