Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <[log in to unmask]>
From: Reinhard Kotucha <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 21:40:45 +0100

    > » My suggestion is to put a begin-page-hook to the output routine.
    > aren't page styles precisely this?

It should be independent of the page style.

    > I thought latex2e user interface was more or less frozen, maybe
    > your query should be taken into consideration for the
    > architecture of latex2e* page templates?

In my opinion something like \AtBeginPage should exist and it might be
used by the templates if desired. It is always better to have a hook
than to patch existing code.

If there would be something like \AtEndPage, the \afterpage package
would be much smaller, its code easier to understand and much easier
to maintain.

Reinhard

Reinhard Kotucha                                       Phone: +49-511-751355
Berggartenstr. 9
D-30419 Hannover                      mailto:[log in to unmask]