From:
Kelly Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2019 23:19:43 -0700
Hello,

I have a question about templates and their variables…

Normally, each template implementation has its own set of variables.
This certainly keeps things separate but means that a single object
type may end up with dozens of variables allocated for use by its many
particular implementations. Although this is not an issue at the
moment, I wonder if it might be in the future, when templates are used
extensively.

Would it be a worthwhile effort to conserve both csnames and registers
by reusing some variables across template implementations for the same
object type, or would it be better to stick to the convention of having
completely independent sets of variables for each implementation, and
wait to see if it becomes a concern later on?

Warmly,
Kelly