From:
Kelly Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Oct 2018 07:36:34 +0200
Hello Everyone,

I sent an email, about a week ago, asking if the L3 Team would be interested in
my observations during the development of a class using L3 techniques and
tools. I soon received a reply from Frank Mittelbach, who kindly invited my
feedback. I'd like to say thank-you to the Team for this opportunity to
contribute to the L3 Project.

Work is still in the very early stages, but I thought it would be a good idea
to let the Team know my plans for the near future. I expect that several
important packages will be incompatible with the class because many core
components will be rewritten.

The class is separated into ``modules'' to help with organization. Here is a
list of the modules I plan to have completed in the near future:

  bootstrap (in progress) Define wrappers around some necessary primitives
    (e.g. \tex_pagewidth:D) and 2e layout parameters (e.g. \textwidth).

  fontsize (complete) Define template for user font size commands and define
    standard size commands (e.g. \normalsize).

  pagelayout (in progress) Define template for page layout and define some
    commands to allow convenient changes.

  title (not started) Define template for title (page) and commands for setting
    information such as date, author(s), &c.

I'll provide an update when I've made some noticeable progress. In the
meantime, please feel free to let me know of any questions or concerns.

Warmly,
Kelly Smith