Date:
Sun, 4 Aug 2013 17:32:21 +0200
Sender:
From:
Michiel Helvensteijn <[log in to unmask]>
Hi all!

I wanted to give my kudos to Bruno for the unravel package. It might
be the most massively useful single package for TeX programmers I've
seen.

I was wondering how far you're planning to go with this. There are a
number of features that I would personally love to see (probably more
when I start using it seriously):

(1)  The option to skip certain types of steps. For example, I might
not care about blank spaces being processed.

(2)  The command of continuing silently until some specific token is
encountered.

(3)  The option to expand specific tokens in a single visible step.
That is, to skip any details below a certain API level (such as
expl3).

(4)  The command of displaying extra information about the current
content of the input stream/; specifically catcodes.

Finally, two minor points: the command "o-1" ("o〈num〉" where 〈num〉 =
-1) does not appear to be recognized. And the documentation on CTAN
has broken page references.

Cheers!

--
www.mhelvens.net