OTIS-USER Archives

May 2002

OTIS-USER@LISTSERV.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE

From:
Harald Deppe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mailing list for the users of the OTIS chip <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2002 10:37:16 +0200
Minutes of the BOM (Beetle & Otis Meeting) 23.05.2002 14:00 ASIClab

BEETLE:

The SEU test for Beetle SR will be form 13.06 up to 17.06 @MPIK.
The ion accelerator of MPIK will be used for this.
(He4 with 32MeV, Current: 1nA-0.5uA) -> Collimator -> BeamMonitor -> Chip

Goal is, to determine an effective SEU Rate and if possible a comparison
between the "normal" I2C- and the SEU-robust I2C-Interface.

A new test-pcb for the SEU-test will be made bei D.B.

For Beetle 1.2 S.L. designs a new daughter-pcb for testing.

DUNE (DUst Near Earth):

A.S. gives a brief overview of the dust telescope project.
The detector (40cm x 40cm) consists of 4 layer
with approx. 80 wires each and the wire-wire distance will
be about 2cm.
Caused by dustparticles flying through an influence-charge
is generated on these wires (Range 3*E-17C to 1*E-13C) and
will be measured with low noise charge sensitive preamplifier,
which is followed by a transient-recorder.

OTHER:

We will rename BOM to TDREM (tracking detector readout electronics
meeting) caused by the new participant Andre Srowig who works on
the dust telescope project and will join the meeting in future.

Regards

        Harald

    Harald Deppe
    University of Heidelberg