OTIS-USER Archives

June 2002

OTIS-USER@LISTSERV.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE

From:
Sven Loechner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mailing list for the users of the OTIS chip <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 13:38:24 +0200
Minutes of the weekly TDREM (Beetle, DUNE, OTIS) meeting, 6.6.2002.

Participants: Daniel Baumeiser, Harald Deppe, Sven Loechner, Andre
Srowig, Uwe Stange

OTIS:
- Harald asked for the max. output current of the voltage DACs: nearly 0!
    (cp. Beetle BG 1.0 measurements:
    http://wwwasic.kip.uni-heidelberg.de/lhcb/Publications/LHCb_Nov1999.pdf,
    page 7 and 8)
- we have to find out some detailed informations about the rad. hard
  voltage regulators from CERN (max. dose, available, ...)
  => U.T. should ask the CERN ECS-group
- Harald (and all other) likes to know where the OTIS/Beetle are.
  => U.T. should mail Federico Faccio or Giovanni Cervelli

  In addition, every email/news/informations about the submission should
  be forwarded to the OTIS/Beetle group.

- OTIS package?
  * ceramics: => H.D. to expensive (~17 USD)
  * plastic (LQCP, like GOL-chip): => Dirk Wiedner care about that
- Status of the OTIS test board:
  We checked the schemetic of the test board and found no obvious
  mistakes. => U.S.: Id-pads: pull-up or pull-down pads?
  answer: the Id-pads are implemented as PULL-DOWN pads

Beetle:
- Beetle 1.2 lab. test setup:
  * the new layout of the test PCB (daughter board) is ready. The gerber
    files were sent to the company (Haefele) last week (28.5.02)
    scheduled delivery week: 24/02
  * the mother board is still under construction, but will be finished
    this week (24/02). The mother board will be manufactured by the
    MPI electronic group.
  * Uwe electronics has sent an offer for a probe card (119 probes).
    Delivery time is 2 weeks. Therefore we are not limited by the
    making of the probe card and can order it later.
- SEU test:
  Daniel explained briefly the setup of the SEU test. The ion
  accelerator of the MPIK will be used for this.
  He++ -> collimator (2mm x 2mm) -> beam monitor -> Beetle SR chip

  Goal is to determine an effective SEU Rate. Therefore the output of
  all registers are XORed and changes of this common output are
  counted.
  There will be also a test of the standard I2C-interface and the SEU-
  hard I2C-interface. Therefore both interfaces will be readout
  permanently.

DUNE:
- Andre has simulated again the noise behaviour of an active feedback of
his preamplifier. There is no influence to the noise for this circuit. A
modified simulation with pmos-resistors instead of normal resistors will
be done in the next days.

OTHER:
There will be short presentation (=> U.T) about the outcome of the RAL
meeting and the new features, pads, modifications, ... of the new design
kit

  Sven

Max-Planck-Institut fuer Kernphysik    Tel. +49 (0)6221 54-5340
KIP / ASIC-Labor                       Fax. +49 (0)6221 54-4345
Sven Loechner
Schroederstr. 90                   priv. Tel +49 (0)6221 878604
69120 Heidelberg

email: [log in to unmask]
www:   http://wwwasic.kip.uni-heidelberg.de/lhcb