IGCS-L Archives

November 2001

IGCS-L@LISTSERV.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE

From:
Hanno Lecher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 01:18:54 +0100
Internet Guide for China Studies Newsletter
http://www.sino.uni-heidelberg.de/igcs/ignew.htm
12 Nov 2001 (Hanno Lecher)

New in IGCS - IGCS - Societies:

Women and Gender in Chinese Studies Network

Ed./Corp.: Maria Jaschok and Cecilia Milwertz, Centre for Cross-Cultural
Research on Women, Oxford, UK
Language: English.

Self description: "[Established in August 2001, we] were motivated into
action by the relative invisibility of women's and gender studies
scholarship at the European Association of Chinese Studies (EACS)
conference in Torino (2000) where only a minority of European scholars and
students in the field were present. We feel that the time has come for a
stronger, concentrated presence. [...] Our concern is to link European
scholarship in Chinese women's/gender studies, in all its linguistic
diversity. While a main aim is to bring together European scholars, so that
we know who is working where, in which disciplines and on which issues, the
Network is open to our colleagues in Asia and other parts of the world."

Site contents: (1) Mission Statement; (2) News; (3) Member List; (4)
Activities; (5) Publications; (6) Links; (7) Join the Network.

With kind regards,

Hanno Lecher ([log in to unmask])

INTERNET GUIDE FOR CHINESE STUDIES -- editor
http://www.sino.uni-heidelberg.de/igcs/