IGCS-L Archives

June 2002

IGCS-L@LISTSERV.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE

From:
Hanno Lecher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 17:10:53 +0200
Internet Guide for Chinese Studies Newsletter
http://www.sino.uni-heidelberg.de/igcs/ignew.htm

New in IGCS - Geography:

Maps of Shanghai

Ed./Corp.: Institut d'Asie Orientale, Lyon, France
Language: French; introduction also available in English.

Self description: "The Institute of East Asian Studies has collected a large
number of maps of Shanghai in the course of a research project on the
history of this large metropolis in the 19th-20th centuries. [...] This
collection includes original maps, photographic reproductions, slides and
even Xerox copies. Altogether, a hundred maps are deposited in the map
collection of the institute. Since Shanghai maps are scattered among many
collections all over the world, we hope to provide an overview of available
maps through this database. Whenever available, the current location of each
original is indicated. The collection presented on this site is not meant to
be complete. [...] We also provide an inventory of Shanghai maps we have
identified in the collections we visited in China, France, the United States
and Great Britain."

project. The maps include basic metadata and are searchable according to the
following criteria: title; date; subject; place of publication; editor;
location of the original.

With kind regards,

Hanno Lecher ([log in to unmask])

INTERNET GUIDE FOR CHINESE STUDIES -- editor
http://www.sino.uni-heidelberg.de/igcs/