IGCS-L Archives

June 2002

IGCS-L@LISTSERV.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE

From:
Hanno Lecher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 09:31:51 +0200
Internet Guide for Chinese Studies Newsletter
http://www.sino.uni-heidelberg.de/igcs/ignew.htm

New in IGCS - Education:

A Visual Sourcebook of Chinese Civilization

Ed./Corp.: Patricia Buckley Ebrey, Jackson School of International Studies,
Univ. of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Language: English.

Self description: "The goal of this 'visual sourcebook' is to add to the
material teachers can use to help their students understand Chinese history,
culture, and society. [... We] have [...] prepared substantial units on ten
important subject areas spanning the length of Chinese history [...].
Students should be able to view these units before coming to class, much as
they would read texts in a sourcebook of primary sources. This out-of-class
preparation can provide the basis for classroom discussion, on-line
discussion, or written assignments. To facilitate such discussion and
analysis, we have included questions designed to make students think about
the images they are viewing. To help keep the chronology and geography
straight, we have included many maps and a timeline."

Site contents: (1) Geography; (2) Ancient Tombs; (3) Buddhism;
(4)Calligraphy; (5) Military Technology; (6) Painting; (7) Homes; (8)
Gardens; (9) Clothing; (10) Graphic Arts

Resource suggested by Matthias Arnold, University of Heidelberg, Germany.

With kind regards,

Hanno Lecher ([log in to unmask])

INTERNET GUIDE FOR CHINESE STUDIES -- editor
http://www.sino.uni-heidelberg.de/igcs/