Help for IGCS-L Archives

IGCS-L Archives

IGCS-L@LISTSERV.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE

IGCS-L Home

IGCS-L  July 2003

IGCS-L July 2003

[IGCS - History, Politics] Taiwans Democratic Consolidation, 2000-2001

"Hanno E. Lecher" <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:22:07 +0800

Internet Guide for Chinese Studies Newsletter
http://www.sino.uni-heidelberg.de/igcs/ignew.htm
18 Jul 2003 (Hanno Lecher)

New in IGCS - History, Politics:

Taiwan's Democratic Consolidation, 2000-2001: About 1000 Internet documents
collected by Christan Goebel (M.A.)

Ed./Corp.: Christian Goebel, University of Heidelberg, Germany ; Digital
Archive for Chinese Studies (DACHS), University of Heidelberg, Germany.
URL.: http://www.sino.uni-heidelberg.de/dachs/goebel030214.htm
Language: English; parts of the resources in Chinese (Big5).

Self description: This small collection is the result of my online-harvest
of newspaper articles and documents I deemed useful for my Master's thesis.
The aim of the thesis was to trace the process of Taiwan's democratic
consolidation. [...] The Internet proved to be a valuable source of
information, as all of Taiwan's major newspapers and magazines can be
accessed online, as well as all legal documents and many official
statements. Apart from these sources, which form the bulk of my archive, I
was also able to collect a number of Master's theses and a few extensive
opinion surveys conducted by Academica Sinica's Institute of Anthropology.
The material presented here covers mainly the years 2000 and 2001. Please
note that these files only served as a supplement for what I could not find
in print and were, at first, not intended to be accessed publicly. Neither
do they constitute a complete collection on the various subjects they cover,
nor is their naming always consistent.

http://www.sino.uni-heidelberg.de/dachs/) project. Due to difficulties
during data migration from the personal archive of Ch. Goebel to the DACHS
archive, some parts originally in HTML format are available as text only and
partly scrambled.

Contents: (1) Access the collection; (2) Introduction by C. Goebel; (3)
Contents of the collection (3-in-one Elections; 4th Nuclear Power Plant;
Banking Reforms; Black Gold Counter Measures; Black Gold; Business -
Politics - Corruption; Working Papers of the Conference Group on Taiwan
Studies (CGOTS); Civil Society; Constitutional Reform; Day-to-day Politics;
Economic Indicators; Elections; Farmer's Associations; Freedom House 2002;
Impeachment of Chen Shuibian; Institutional Reforms; Legislative Yuan
Elections 2001; Legislative Yuan Elections: Resources; Laws; Lee Teng-hui;
Legal Reforms; Lo Fu-chu; Local Elections 2001; Local Factions; Mini Three
Links; National Assembly; Organized Crime; Parties; Regime Change; Relations
with China; Small Construction Budget; Surveys Att. Change; TI (Transparency
International) Source Book 2000; Vote Buying; Web Archives; Yunlin
Commissioner Elections; Others).

Note: Password needed for access! Free password can be obtained by sending
an email to the DACHS team at:
http://www.sino.uni-heidelberg.de/cgi-bin/email/goemail.pl?addr=dachs&to=DAC
HS+staff.

With kind regards,

Hanno E. Lecher

INTERNET GUIDE FOR CHINESE STUDIES -- editor
http://www.sino.uni-heidelberg.de/igcs/