KIP-SPIKEY-USERS Archives

2017

KIP-SPIKEY-USERS@LISTSERV.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE

From:
Johannes Bill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Spikey neuromorphic system - User <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2017 17:29:59 +0100
Dear Spikey users,

I am writing to notify you that during the upcoming weeks we will
replace the host computers that operate the Spikey remote access. The
switch to the new system will likely happen between 8. and 23. February
2017. Until then, you can continue using the system as usual.

During the switch to the new host computers, the Spikey system will be
briefly unavailable for less than a day. Furthermore, the change will
involve a software upgrade, affecting both the specific Spikey software
(some bug fixes) and general software such as python, numpy, matplotlib,
etc. As a point of reference, the python interpreter will be updated to
version 2.7.12; pyNN will remain at version 0.6.

Apart from the above, we aim to minimize the impact on user experience.
For instance, we aim to keep login and work flow entirely unchanged.
Also your home~directories will be preserved.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this upgrade may cause. And we
will notify you as soon as the new system is in operation.

Best regards,
Johannes Bill