IGCS-L Archives

May 1999

IGCS-L@LISTSERV.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE

From:
Hanno Lecher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
IGCS-L Distribution List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 May 1999 22:55:04 +0200
Internet Guide for China Studies Newsletter
http://sun.sino.uni-heidelberg.de/igcs/ignew.htm
31. Mai. 1999

New in IGCS - Online Bibliographies:

Bibliography of Photo Albums and the History of Photography in China before
1949 (revised entry)

Ed./Corp.: Thomas Hahn, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Language: English.

Self description: "My bibliography supplies rather exhaustive data on a
variety of issues concerning the albums (which may in fact be reprints or
modern publications of, say, postcards printed in Hong Hong in the late
thirties). Besides the usual bibliographical description such as
Author/editor, date and place of printing etc. I try to trace the
fotographers themselves under a biographical heading. The precise number of
images is given, their actual (or average) size, whether they are b/w or
colour, with which camera they were taken, which film was used, and, above
all, what the fotographs themselves show."

Coverage: 164 entries (May 1999), with English annotations and German
keywords.

Note: Frames capable browser needed! Other browsers please use
http://www.library.wisc.edu/guides/EastAsia/photoweb/photoweb.htm
to enter.

With kind regards,

Hanno Lecher ([log in to unmask])

INTERNET GUIDE FOR CHINA STUDIES -- editor
http://sun.sino.uni-heidelberg.de/igcs/