Hello!
I'm a begginner in LaTeX and I have some problems with the editors .
I have installed WinEdt, TeXnicCenter, WinShell, dotemacs, TeXShell and LyX on Windows.
WinEdt is not free so it is necessary to pay, TeXnicCenter is good but there are troubles when I use the curled braces and I can compile it only once, after that I must close and open it again.
WinShell misses curled braces.
On Linux I tried to install Kile but it needs Qt 3.3 and KDE 3.3, so I tried to download KDE 3.3 but it is impossible.
So I found out that it is more complicate to choose the right editor than to use LaTeX.
Could you possibly help me please?

Thank you very much

Lisa