Will Robertson wrote:
>> 1) Are there any other missing primitives?  The other \every...
>> primitives should (I think) not be used outside of the kernel, and so
>> don't need to be worried about.
>
> Hmmmm, I actually think that we *should* provide access to these via a
> well-defined mechanism. That might be an xpackage job, or maybe they'd
> fit into \toks. But I'd hate to have to give them up (the reason they're
> banned in LaTeX is just that they get overwritten, right? At least in
> the case of \everypar).

Okay, I'd suggest all in \toks_ (remembering that we'll need to pick up
the primitives not the LaTeX2e versions for l3in2e). I guess we will
need to do the same as LaTeX2e for the initex version of expl3, and
remove direct access to the primitives in user space?

> There
> are also a bunch of pdfTeX primitives we're not using.

I was imagining that this (being one of those engine-dependent things)
was "for later".