Will Robertson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The fact that expl3 looks a bit strange probably doesn't exactly aid
> its adoption, but I think the (functional) benefits of the Hungarian-
> like notation outweigh the (marketing) drawbacks.

george mikes (first name pronounced english, last hungarian: he was a
hungarian who fled to britain in the 40s, i think) wrote a book called
"how to be inimitable", about integrating into british society.  one of
his theses was that "we are all hungarian", and he illustrated it with a
series of pictures of stereotypical english people squashed slightly so
that they were short and had rather rounded faces.

so, apart from the suspicion that this makes _every_ syntax "hungarian",
i'm completely lost.

what _do_ you mean, "hungarian"?  do hungarians spend a lot of time
lying down (_) or stumbling upright (:)?  george mikes doesn't help.

robin

ps: the book was one of a series of very funny books he wrote.