J.Fine wrote:
> Frank:  I don't understand what you mean by 'the overhead of processing'.)

I assume Frank was thinking that we wouldn't want to do everything in a
dictionary manner as some arguments are always needed, and so something
like:

\def\foo@bar#1#2{%
  Title:   #1\\%
  Name:    \DictionaryLookup{#2}{name}\\%
  Address: \DictionaryLookup{#2}{address}\\%
}

will be faster for the explicitly passed #1 than the dictionary items,
independent of how the dictionary is implemented. (I'd assume that a
dictionary would be a single data structure: I'd probably do it as an
expl3 properly list, and then recovering data would certainly add some
processing overhead. However, even a csname expansion as you outline is
an additional overhead compared to an explicitly passed value.)