Hi

I very much hope that some members of the LaTeX3 team will contribute to the discussion now taking place at
    http://terrytao.wordpress.com/2009/10/29/displaying-mathematics-on-the-web/

Here's an extract:
---
It's possible that one could get by just by making an effort to make the web math input format as close to LaTeX as possible, as you say, though once one gets to more sophisticated LaTeX elements (e.g. tables and figures, bibliography, labels, etc.), or when trying to publish something too large to fit on a single web page (e.g. a full paper or book), I wonder if one can actually display such elements properly without either a full LaTeX->web conversion tool, or else a whole new language one would have to learn in addition to LaTeX. Of these two options, I think most people would prefer the former, if they had a choice.
---

--
Jonathan