frank wrote:

> Joseph,
>
>  > The announcement of the TLcontrib system (http://tlcontrib.metatex.org/)
>  > suggests to me that this would be a good way to test expl3 snapshots
>  > before release. I'm planning to take advantage of this for future
>  > snapshots, unless they are 'urgent' fixes. What I'd imagine doing is
>  > sending material to TLcontrib with a message posted here. I'm then going
>  > to wait for 'a short period' (lets say three days), and if there are no
>  > issues send the material to CTAN.
>  >
>  > Does this sound sensible?
>
> I may be mistaken but the way I read the front page of that site it doesn't
> sound as if it is meant for this purpose but rather for more long term hosting
> of material that isn't really supposed to be on CTAN or can't go into TL.
> It is true that they also speak about releases for testing, but still ...

his original announcement message (to the tex live list) seemed to imply
that it would a happy home for things that may go to tex live proper
some time.

he's certainly putting luatex binaries on there, and _they'll_ make it
to tex live in due course.  (or their descendents will...)

> I would check with Taco if he thinks this would be a good way to make use of
> the site. In any case I would fear 3 days would be too short a period for
> testing

3 days does sound a bit optimistic, i would agree.

things that go into tex live get pounced on quickly, but tlcontrib is
going to have a far smaller audience, hence slower bug-finding, i would
guess.

robin