On 13/10/2010, at 6:44 AM, Joseph Wright wrote:

> My reading was that some kind of testing status material would be acceptable.

Seems to be 1/3 the point of the thing, right...

> I'm mainly keen to avoid issues with the snapshots where something obvious has been missed (i.e. by me). They are snapshots, after all, but as people are using them 'in the wild' at least some testing beyond my PC would be handy.

Absolutely. Have you seen, Joseph, that uploads to TLC can be automated from an online location? (See the very end of <http://tlcontrib.metatex.org/help.html>)

It would be possible to have a script that creates a TDS bundle of the latex3 code and updates the TLContrib repo at the end of every day in which we make a commit. We could then have a relatively slow but fixed update schedule for the code in CTAN, say once every three months (unless we need to push out a critical bug fix).

This would be nice because after set-up it would be no more effort than now but we'd have nightly-builds easily available for those who want them. It would hopefully also reduce the load slightly on the CTAN and TL maintainers who would have fewer minor updates to manage.

-- Will