On 19/04/2011 22:20, Bruno Le Floch wrote:
>> Within xtemplate, you'll find some places where we use the fact that the
>> keys do have catcodes to pull off some 'special effects'. Now, we also
>> remove spaces there, so spaces can also be used for said 'special
>> effects'. But such a change would require some alterations.
>
> Ok, so my assumption was wrong. But really, playing with catcodes is evil ;-).

All that I've done is store 'user' keys detokenized, but have a couple
of internal ones that are not. As I said, spaces are also zapped in
'user' keys, so it is possible to get around the problem that way. (The
idea is that the internal keys should be safely hidden so that there is
a free choice of template 'user' keys.) It's just that some recoding
will be needed.