>> sind etc, and the inverse functions, are very welcome. (But as a student
>> of hyperbolic geometry, I especially look forward to the hyperbolic
>> functions and inverses!)
>
> Is this a jest, or would you actually use those functions?  Hyperbolic
> functions are not too hard, now that I have added a few tools to
> manipulate extended precision numbers (basically, they're just a bunch
> of sums and products on the result of the exponential function).
> Their inverses are more tricky, and I can't promise them any time
> soon.
>
> Regards,
> Bruno

Half in jest -- and therefore half seriously. Of course I can easily
form cosh, sinh etc out of exp but it would be nice to have them
built-in. It would be good to check elaborate 'trigonometric'
simplifications (does 'trigonometric' apply to hyperbolic functions?) at
general values of variables rather than values specially chosen to ease
the calculations.

Andrew