On 19/06/2014 16:21, Élie Roux wrote:

>> I'm not sure I know what you mean (I thought lua couldn't be dumped in the
>> format)
>> there is the \luafunction array which needs an allocator but that doesn't
>> sound like what you mean?
>> We had some plans to add an allocator for that, but I have a luatex
>> manual, I'll look:-)
>>

> After a look in the manual, I was talking about lua.bytecode... It would
> need an allocator too (and a few high-level functions in order for packages
> to retreive their data).
>
> Thank you,

Bytecode and \luafunction (which is new) are both on a list of various
'things that need allocators' that I've raised with the rest of the
team, although perhaps I didn't spell this one out.  One of the reasons
we've switched expl3 from using a bytecode-based approach for storing
the Lua version of \pdfstrcmp is that with no allocator we can't
actually be sure that we are doing the 'right' thing using one!