Joseph Wright skrev 2015-08-27 22.18:
> On 27/08/2015 19:09, Joseph Wright wrote:
>>>
>>> I seem to recall that I did demonstrate how to do that -- have TeX match
>>> parentheses in an expression, using delimited arguments rather than
>>> catcode changes -- in a mail to this very list several years ago... Yes,
>>> it was on 2011-10-19 and the subject was "Re: Church booleans".
>>
>> We do the same in xparse :-)

Are you saying xparse handles _matching_ of _nested_ parentheses? Because
that is what I meant that I demonstrated. Using delimited arguments to grab
parentheses without considering how they match against each other is of
course a triviality, but also not useful for the problem considered.

>>> PS: I maintain that that approach to evaluating infix boolean
>>> expressions is far superior to what is currently offered in LaTeX3, but
>>> Bruno just seems to *love* his&&, with all its shortcomings. ;-)
>>
>> Will remind myself: as has been noted there is an issue with clearing up
>> certain tokens with the current lazy evaluation method.

More fundamentally, I believe it only supports expandable tests. There is no
need for a boolean evaluation logic to require tests to be expandable (and
nor does the logic itself need to be non-expandable).

>> Joseph
>>

> BTW, thread you mean starts
>
>    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.latex.latex3/2719
>
> I think the one you mean is
>
>    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.latex.latex3/2754

Ah, that is correct.

> Joseph
>
> P.S. Boolean expressions are Morten's code, not Bruno's :-)

Oh? I seem to recall Bruno posted repeatedly on it this summer, giving the
appearance that he was actively working on precisely that code. My bad, in
that case.

Lars Hellström