Hi

On Sun, May 6, 2018 at 1:12 PM, David Kastrup <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Frankly, given the breathtaking pace of bibliography generators in the
TeX world, the main surprise is that the BibTeX database format is
supported as well as it is by a whole lot of software able to export
records.

David makes a good point here. I'd reformulate it as this - sites such as http://www.bibtexsearch.com/ (new to me) make bibtex records available. Beware of anything that requires changes to the generation or use of such records. I'd say the bibtex data is in practice something close to a fixed point.

Jonathan