Hi Joseph

Thank you for your email on l3sys-shell. You wrote:

There are two broad questions we have. First, how do people feel about these concepts? We can see that there may be some security concerns, hence not adding directly to the expl3 core. However, as one has to be running with unrestricted shell escape anyway, we are not sure if providing macro wrappers makes these worse:

I'm not a security expert. Are you, Joseph? In any case, I've asked your question on stack exchange, and put a code review comment on github. Here's the URLs
I hope you'll get a useful response from a security expert.

best regards

Jonathan