Sender:
From:
"Randolph J. Herber" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 10:04:52 -0500
The following header lines retained to effect attribution:
|Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 23:24:02 +0100
|From: Martin Hensel <[log in to unmask]>
|Subject: Re: Invitation for discussion: My suggestion for a LaTeX3 syntax
|To: [log in to unmask]

        [SNIP]

|The intoduction of intuitive graphical user interfaces was a very
|important step for Linux, for instance. It was not necessary for a
|programmer, it was necessary for the users who found this easier to
|use. It was only cosmetical, but brought Linux forward a great step.

        [SNIP]

|Martin

        Then, apparently you have not attempted to use Red Hat Linux 9.

        It is apparent to me that Red Hat did their best to remove the
        command line interfaces that they could, to remove as many user
        choices as they could and to make the user interface as graphical
        and as Microsoft Windows like as they could.  The result is a
        system that is almost unusable.

Randolph J. Herber, [log in to unmask], +1 630 840 2966, CD/CDFTF PK-149F,
Mail Stop 318, Fermilab, Kirk & Pine Rds., PO Box 500, Batavia, IL 60510-0500,
USA.  (Speaking for myself and not for US, US DOE, FNAL nor URA.)  (Product,
trade, or service marks herein belong to their respective owners.)