Sender:
From:
Martin Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 21:48:59 +0200
In <[log in to unmask]> Richard Walker <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Now bear with me for a few moments of madness.  Come to think of it,
>what follows isn't much weirder^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hmore unusual than some of
>the details of L3PL.  Even if you don't like the particulars, maybe
>they might trigger a better idea or a totally different application?

>OK, so now the base's internal macros look like this:

>\base/ltbibl/@citex

>and if I write a package called `splat' my internal macros will
>look like this:

>\contrib/supported/splat/somethinguseful

>The result: massive fmt file and control sequence bloat.  We need some
>shortcuts.  Here are some possibilities.

So what? :-)

Even today the _cheapest_ available PC has a P5/200 with 32MB RAM and 2GB HD.
When L3 will be available(2y+?), this will certainly be the standard PC in
use; the cheapest to buy will run at 500MHz++. And we'll all be able to use
BIGGGTeX. :-)

I don't think we should be concerned much about TeXs main memory or
processing speed -- there will be plenty.

Best regards
        Martin

--
               Martin Schr"oder, [log in to unmask]
It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the