From:
Sebastian Rahtz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 14:48:19 +0100
 > For further information, try:
 >
 >   http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Info/People/raman/raman.html
not, of course, a full LaTeX interpreter

 > Another well-established system that parses LaTeX directly is the GUI
 > manager of TCI's products: Scientific Workplace and Scientific
 > Notepad.
ditto, surely?

 > plug-ins or helpers.  An interesting and available example is
 > TechExplorer (for Windows at present; I do not have the url accessible
it doesnt deal with arbitrary LaTeX, though, does it

all on http://www.tug.org/interest.html

 > Therefore in looking forward to LaTeX3 we need to be aware not only of
 > new Tex-based systems but of other systems reading LaTeX.

do you think any of them have any long-term viability? the projects I
am aware of would probably go straight over to MathML if it is a
success

sebastian