From:
Javier Bezos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 2020 13:10:57 +0100
> Similarly, a lot of work is done by Javier for babel using the CLDR, but
> many of the outcomes are not amendable to scripting: it's about how you set
> up the TeX 'just right'.

Before starting my work on the CLDR I was overly optimistic.
Just a few lua scripts with a json or xml library seemed
enough. But after my initial efforts it was clear a lot of
thing had to done by hand. Currently I write ad hoc Python
scripts (batteries included, you know) for specific tasks
(for example, I few days ago I added ‘likely’ bcp47 tags
to many ini files).

Javier