From:
David Carlisle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2023 19:53:19 +0100
On 28/07/2023 18:57, LARONDE Thierry wrote:
> But it is not difficult if the API is specified. The problem is here.

sure, documentation is good but documentation requests need to go to
software maintainers, not users, and latex is an end user here.

> Adding automatically an extension was
> preventing from obtaining the size of a file without an extension

only if a file with a .tex extension is earlier in the path.

\filesize{README}

works fine

but if \filesize{README} and \mdfivesum{README} refer to a different
file than \input{README} then they are not reliably useful for their
main use cases.

David

Disclaimer

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is: 30 St. Giles, Oxford, OX1 3LE, United Kingdom. Please see our Privacy Notice <https://www.nag.com/content/privacy-notice> for information on how we process personal data and for details of how to stop or limit communications from us.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses and malware by Microsoft Exchange Online (EOP)