From:
Will Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 2009 09:33:36 +0930
On 05/08/2009, at 6:43 AM, Joseph Wright wrote:

> Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
>> Btw, the footer reads "all rights reserved". Do you allow me to
>> publish a French
>> translation of the news on either my blog or a few french-speaking
>> TeX mailing
>> lists or Usenet groups (with full credits and a link to the
>> original content, of
>> course)? Some people in the French part of the TeX world could be
>> interested in
>> their content, but are sometimes reluctant (or even unable) to read
>> English.
>
> I can't imagine that the team is going to object to a very helpful
> idea
> (Will actually wrote most of the text, so I guess his view is
> important!)

I'll have to defer to the older members of the team who originally
wrote the copyright notice on why we're restricting re-use of the
content. But Joseph is of course correct -- I, at least, would never
think of objecting to anyone using the content for that sort of thing.

(In fact, I'd go so far as to request putting any translations on the
main latex-project.org site.)

Will