From:
Joseph Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2015 18:45:20 +0000
On 28/02/2015 18:39, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> Am Sat, 28 Feb 2015 15:08:09 +0000 schrieb Joseph Wright:
>
>> I would not expect too much difference between TeX Live and MiKTeX: they
>> seem to have the same .ini files at present so should end up much the same.
>
> One never knows. I doubt that many of the testers uses miktex so it
> I will at least try to do some random tests. (It looks as if I can
> use --undump to switch temporarly to another format without much
> fuss).

Quite true: I wasn't trying to put you off testing :-)

>> (Aside. MiKTeX's handling of spaces in filenames
>
> In this respect I'm a bad tester. My file names never have spaces
> ;-)

Indeed, and likely to be true for most people likely to test anything.
We've not proposed any change to the status quo: I was just trying to
explain why we've got the 'file name fix' for LuaTeX in the .ini file.
If there is interest I'll suggest an appropriate piece of Lua for MiKTeX
to convert spaces in files into "*" chars inside \jobname.