From:
Will Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 21:43:09 +1030
On 11/10/2008, at 8:18 AM, Joseph Wright wrote:

> I wonder if it might be useful to create a lower-level tool package
> for
> processing numbers.  I was thinking that the following might be
> useful:
> - Something like \ifinteger, \ifnumber, etc. as in biblatex
> - Ability to parse numbers as in siunitx
> - More structured returning of parsed value

These ideas do sound good to me.
Especially reliable detection methods like \ifinteger and so on.

I think it would be useful to build up as many general "spin-off"
modules as possible (as another example, the soul package has some
really useful processing stuff in it). If for no other reason than to
test the expl3 environment on as broad a range of tasks as we can.

So, to answer your question: "yes" :)

Will