From:
"Y&Y, Inc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 13:21:09 -0500
At 14:27 1998-12-18 +0100, Hans Aberg wrote:

>>> (That is, the PDF files created were unusable within Acrobat
>>> Reader, for some reason I do not know.)

>>By all accounts acrobat on a mac is decidedly unstable.
>>But the fact that a piece of software doesn't work as advertised does
>>not mean that it makes sense to criticise it on the grounds of expense,
>>given that it is distributed for free.

>As far as I know, it was not the problem of the MacOS version of Acrobat,
>which seemed to work just fine, but the incompatibility between the
>QuickDraw and PS systems.

This is more a statement of some user or some application not knowing
what they are doing.  The general assumption being that you need to know
nothing about Acrobat before using it.  It requires some knowledge,
just as with PostScript.  And with sufficient knowledge you can produce
fairly robust output in either formats.

Of course, what this has to do with anything, I do not know.

Y&Y, Inc.  mailto:[log in to unmask]  http://www.YandY.com