From:
"J.Fine" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Aug 2009 16:02:56 +0100

The translation could be done by a script written in Python.  Knuth wrote Pascal, but you don't have to go that route either.

I'd rather the LaTeX3 team were willing to be flexible here.  There are many things that would be better done using a dynamic scripting language rather than TeX macros.

The front end to the TeX macro language is a good example.

--
Jonathan