From:
Joseph Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2008 10:56:15 +0100
Hello all,

Following the discussion here about using key-value methods in LaTeX3,
I've uploaded "keys3" to CTAN.  The package includes:
- keys3: a possible approach to key management for LateX3.
- keys3-intro: a brief overview of the package in the style of a TUGBoat
article, aimed at people familiar with keyval/xkeyval/kvoptions.
- keys3opts2: A helper package to allow LaTeX2e class and package
options to be passed to keys3.

Obviously, I'm hoping people will take a look at this and comment! I
think that this is a complementary approach to the template package,
which seems to have somewhat different targets.  However, I may be wrong
or have taken the wrong tack.  I've set up an SVN repository at
http://keys3.berlios.de: anyone wanting write access is welcome.

I've deliberately written the .dtx in the current style of expl3, so
that if the idea looks any good the team can take whatever they like
easily.