From:
Joseph Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2011 20:07:28 +0100
On 29/08/2011 17:25, Arno Trautmann wrote:
> I'm not Ulrike, but I may have a similar problem: My usage of l3* stuff
> is: If I have a problem, I try to find a solution in the documentation,
> and if does what it should anyhow, I'm satisfied. However, often I just
> don't understand the concepts of the whole stuff. Which is also (besides
> heavy time problems) a reason why I don't try to contribute to the
> development.

As I've said, we clearly need some form of 'learning to program' guide,
which needs to give people enough of an idea of where to look to get on.

Clearly, if you need to know about some specific thing which we've not
explained or made easy to find, a quick message here would be good.

> Maybe a two-page introduction in the documentation describing the basic
> concepts would be helpfull.

This is broadly what expl3.pdf is intended to cover (although I note
that it's got 13 pages of material). I suspect that this is not quite
what you mean!