From:
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2015 23:22:16 +0200
Am 07.04.2015 um 16:01 schrieb Ulrike Fischer:
> I run into a problem with T5-encoding and a font family which
> doesn't support this encoding.
>
> I did sent a question on tex.SX:
>
> http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/237188/corrupted-nfss-tables

I answered it there

> In my opinion the fd-file for the "fallback" font is loaded to late
> in \[log in to unmask]

the problem is really that preamble is still setup time so "fallback
font may not be the final one etc etc

> I found a workaround but I'm in no way sure
> that it hasn't some unwanted side-effects.

I don't think it would have but it is executed unnecessarily often as
attempting to load anything only makes sense if the family got changed.

Not sure if this should get changed without a lot more analysis as this
code has basically stayed untouched for a really really long time but
after spending a good deal of time tonight on it I can't see anything
wrong with it -- currently running the LaTeX regression test suite
against it but I'm not sure how much of exotic NFSS cases this really tests