From:
Joseph Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 13:04:20 +0100
Will Robertson wrote:
> These ideas do sound good to me.
> Especially reliable detection methods like \ifinteger and so on.

I need to see how this is done in etoolbox, as expansion could be an
issue.  I'll see what I can do (while retaining generality).

> I think it would be useful to build up as many general "spin-off"
> modules as possible (as another example, the soul package has some
> really useful processing stuff in it). If for no other reason than to
> test the expl3 environment on as broad a range of tasks as we can.

My thinking also.  I'm also keen from my own point of view to improve
siunitx.  To do that, I want to revisit the structures I've used, as a
lot of things were written as things came up, rather than in a
structured manner (see my worries about the options, for example).

> So, to answer your question: "yes" :)

I shall start on this once I've finished what I'm doing at the moment
(some biblatex styles).  Ideas on a sensible return format for a parsed
number would be good.  I'm currently thinking about using property
lists, but need to work through how everything will fit together.