From:
David Carlisle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 2015 00:48:53 +0000
On 01/03/2015 20:02, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> Per accident I run into this problem with the latex2e update 2015
> test files:
>
> \documentclass[]{article} \usepackage{pgffor} \foreach\x in
> {1,...,98} % {\newcount\a}
>
> \usepackage{datatool} \DTLloaddb{test}{test.csv}
>
> \begin{document} blub \end{document}
>
> test.csv contains only two lines:
>
> test blub
>

> When I compile this the compilations stops and asks for input
>
> \@dtl@line=
>
> and I have to kill it with ctrl+Z.

Thanks for that.

The issue is the document loads etex.sty. Normally that's OK
but here it ends up being loaded relatively late so after all the pgf
allocations have been made using the new scheme and so the new scheme
had already started allocating extended registers before etex package is
loaded, and that's currently not working safely.

One simple workaround is to use

\RequirePackage{etex} at the start.

Alternatively etex.sty could be adjusted to recognise the new format
(for example an etex.sty that did nothing at all would work in this case)

We need to do some more tests, and there may be other issues coming in
but we'll update the dropbox release in the next day or so.

David