From:
Hans Aberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 18:15:31 +0100
At 17:10 +0100 1998/12/18, Thierry Bouche wrote:
>It France it is even illegal, because of obscure privacy concerns...

If it applies to email, which is a crossing between normal conversation and
regular mail. I think also that the this a principle of what one might
expect: If it is normal in some circuit to forward regular mail in France,
then if that was brought to court, the might be judged to be legal.

>The discussion about the interest in PDF related to its being more or
>less commercial is completely stupid. Maybe is it time not only to go
>private but simply to stop it!

As far as me, I had the intention stop before David Carlisle interfered
with his "pointless discussions".

I think though that the fact that PDF is a commercial product makes it a
bad idea to make it a new DVI for TeX. However, a new extended DVI for TeX
could be used to convert, perhaps even automatically to PDF. This way one
would get away from the commercial concerns governing the development of
PDF.

  Hans Aberg
                  * Email: Hans Aberg <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
                  * Home Page: <http://www.matematik.su.se/~haberg/>