From:
David Carlisle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 2015 10:59:42 +0100
On 07/07/2015 10:48, Élie Roux wrote:

>>> One thing to discuss: it could be added to lualatexsupport (a package)
>>> or ltluatex (planned to be in the format) and could be handled
>>> as a normal tex register allocation (with \count26x holding the unique
>>> id) or handled purely in lua.  Does anyone have any examples of these
>>> things in use??? Some real use cases would be good to check any design
>>> decisions here.
>>
>> Indeed, this bit is missing mainly as I've yet to read the existing code
>> in detail and work out what exactly we should provide. For example,
>> David suggested to me that the allocation number might need to be
>> accessible from TeX (or that at least this was desirable), so using a
>> \count26x value rather than Lua variable would be best. But without any
>> use cases I'm not at all sure.
>
> The feature was asked by Stephan Hennig (in copy of this mail), and is
> used by him, see
>
> https://github.com/sh2d/spelling
>
> Thank you,

Excellent thanks! It's always good to have some real test cases that you
can try not to break.

David

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is:

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Microsoft Office 365.