From:
Hans Aberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 16:24:32 +0100
At 08:49 -0500 1998/12/19, Y&Y Inc. wrote:
>>Otherwise, I think it is great that Acrobat Reader and part of use of PDF
>>are for free -- I wrote to an Adobe executive in the days they were not and
>>told him they would make more money that by changing that, and he responded
>>that is was a great idea, and after that they changed it.
>
>Wow!  I am impressed!
>You know, those damn fools won't even answer my phone calls :-)

In my experience, executives on companies like Apple, and perhaps Adobe
then too, that reply often quickly move to another company. I also know
that the developers ARNS, which was intended to be integrated with the
MacOS, also could not get replies from Apple. So it is perhaps the same
thing with Adobe, too.

So unless PDF is considered as a finished product that never will change
anymore, and you know for sure that it will satisfy all your future needs,
it is not wise using it as a new DVI format for TeX.

  Hans Aberg
                  * Email: Hans Aberg <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
                  * Home Page: <http://www.matematik.su.se/~haberg/>