From:
Will Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2008 22:44:49 +0930
On 18/09/2008, at 10:01 PM, Joseph Wright wrote:

> To save everyone a little time, how about the following for a
> comprehensive set (following the \char_if_<whatever> names where
> available):
>
> \def_new:Npn \char_make_escape:N #1 {
>  \char_set_catcode:nn {`#1} {\c_zero}
> }

[etc.]

Great, thanks!
I've added this code to the repository but the documentation still
needs a little work. And unit tests need to be written, too.

Does anyone have any objections to the command names?
As opposed to something like
   \char_set_catcode_escape:N
instead.

I *hope* no-one disagrees with the idea of these commands (with the
argument that the plain catcode number should be used instead); to me
they seem quite "at home" with the philosophy of the expl3 syntax.

Cheers,
Will