From:
Hans Aberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 14:27:00 +0100
At 12:30 +0000 1998/12/18, David Carlisle wrote:
>[taken off the list, I am sure people are tired of this by now]

I find it about as exciting in private conversations as in public
conversations.

>> (That is, the PDF files created were unusable within Acrobat
>> Reader, for some reason I do not know.)
>
>By all accounts acrobat on a mac is decidedly unstable.
>But the fact that a piece of software doesn't work as advertised does
>not mean that it makes sense to criticise it on the grounds of expense,
>given that it is distributed for free.

As far as I know, it was not the problem of the MacOS version of Acrobat,
which seemed to work just fine, but the incompatibility between the
QuickDraw and PS systems.

So if one would accept pdfTeX as a standard, one could as well accept
quickdrawTeX as a standard, or the version of PS that HP uses, I mean, if
the idea is to sponsor a commercial company.

  Hans Aberg
                  * Email: Hans Aberg <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
                  * Home Page: <http://www.matematik.su.se/~haberg/>