From:
Joseph Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jul 2015 21:37:19 +0100
On 07/07/2015 10:52, Élie Roux wrote:
> You're right about the global module requiring stuff, it's not that
> useful. But two things are very useful: the banner (as you said) and the
> error/warning/log function. LaTeX does this for tex packages, having a
> similar interface to output package-specific errors from lua is very
> useful, I use it quite extensively... But it could be in a separate
> ltluamessages.dtx if not in the kernel...

All added.

I'm not quite sure about provides_module. I see that luatexbase uses a
single argument here but it seems to me there are two: one mandatory for
the name, one optional for the other data. I can see why a single table
might be attractive: arguments welcome.

>> Other features though can easily tolerate different interface designs
>> in different packages (which is why the contributed latex packages are
>> so varied in general, not just for luatex) so some things can be left to
>> luatexbase, but the exact place to make the cut isn't fixed yet.
>
> Ok, the more features in the kernel the better for me!

Also added whatsit allocator, Lua-side allocator for attributes.

Testing/comments welcome :-)